Group leader: Marco Capobianco
Tel + 39 11 6706601
Fax + 39 11 6705451
Born December 14th, 1980 in Moncalieri (Turin), Italy
Research Contract Position at Research Contract position at Neurologia 2-CRESM (AOU S. Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano, Turin), Clinical Neurobiology Unit, Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi (NICO).
2004 MSc in Medical Biotechnology, University of Turin ( cum laude )
2008 Board Certification in Clinical and Analytical Biochemistry, University of Turin ( cum laude )
2013 Abilitation for biologist
2000-2004: Research intern. University of Turin. Clinical Neurobiology Laboratory at the University Hospital San Luigi Gonzaga (Orbassano; Turin). Supervisor: Dr. A. Bertolotto, Mentor: Prof. G. Tarone.
2004-2005: Research fellowship from Italian Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis (FISM), for research activities spent at the Clinical Neurobiology Laboratory, Regional Referring Multiple Sclerosis Center (CRESM), University Hospital San Luigi Gonzaga.
2005-2007: Research fellowship from University Hospital San Luigi Gonzaga for research activities spent at CRESM.
2007-2012: Research Contract position from the University of Turin (SUISM; scuola universitaria in scienze motorie) for research activities spent at CRESM. Project: Multiple Sclerosis and Fatigue.
2012-2015: Research Contract position at the Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi (NICO), Clinical Neurobiology Unit (CRESM).
2015-2016: Research Contract Position at the University Hospital San Luigi Gonzaga, Neurologia 2-CRESM.
2016-to date: Research Contract Position at Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin.
Teacher in the course “Biological Management of MS Patients Treated with Interferon Beta” organised by BiogenDompe, (3-28 September 2007), A.O.U San Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano (Turin).
Teacher in the course “TYSABRI (natalizumab) antibody assay schools” organised by Biogen Idec (10-14 November 2008) , A.O.U San Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano (Turin).
Teacher in courses for italian neurologist s: “La gestionequotidiana del paziente con SclerosiMultipla” organised by Biogen Idec (21-23/05/ 2012, 12-14/11/ 2012, 3-5/06/2013, 11-13/11/2013; 12-14/05/2014; 17-19/11/2014; 16-18/06/2015; 09-11/11/2015; 02-04/05/2016; 12-14/06/2017; 11-13/06/2018; 03-05/06/2019), A.O.U San Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano (Turin).
Teacher in the course for international neurologist “European Inter-Country Workshop” organised by Merck-Serono (24-25 November 2011), A.O.U San Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano (Turin).
1. Quality management in the CRESM Biobank. Definition of the standard operating procedures, methods for quality control of samples and data stored in the CRESM Biobank.
2. Antibodies in autoimmune diseases (anti-KIR4.1 antibodies in MS and anti-Aquaporin 4 antibodies in NMO): detection assays, clinical correlation, pathogenic role (collaborations: Dr. Srivastava and Prof. Hemmer, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich; Dr. Fazio and Furlan, S. Raffaele Hospital, Milan; Dr. Jarius, University of Hidelberg, Germany; Dr. Petzold, London).
3. Investigating the Epstein Barr virus (EBV) involvement in MS pathogenesis (collaboration with Dr. Aloisi, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Rome).
4. Evaluation of clinical/biological response to different therapies in MS and NMO: biomarkers discovery and validation, assessing the clinical/biological response to different therapies in MS. Study of serum Neurofilaments as diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers in MS.
5. Experience in performing cerebrospinal fluid evaluation and serological tests for anti- central nervous system antibodies, for diagnosis and management of patients with MS, NMO and other neurological disorders.
Dr. Marnetto is co-investigator and actively participated in the writing of several national, international and European Community projects that received funding. She is author and co-author of 29 peer-reviewed scientific publications and more than 50 abstracts presented at national and international conferences.
National and International Congress attended as Invited Speaker:
- Invited speaker at the meeting “Il laboratorio nella gestione del paziente con sclerosi multipla”, Orbassano (Italy) 24/11/2006: “L’analisi del liquido cefalorachidiano.”
- Invited speaker at the meeting:“Aspetti clinici, terapeutici e gestionali della SM: esperienze a confronto”, Asti (Italy), 15/06/2012: “Risposta immunogenica alle terapie: l’impatto clinico ed economico dei servizi di titolazione degli anticorpi neutralizzanti.”
- Invited speaker at the meeting “Up Dates in Autoimmunity 2014: evidences and outcomes”, Modena (Italy, 23-24/05/2014): “Relevance of Acquaporin-4 antibodies: case report”.
- Invited speaker at the meeting “Autoimmunità in neurologia: stato dell’arte”, Padova (Italy, 28/11/2014): “Anticorpi anti-AQP4”.
- Invited speaker at the meeting “Up Dates in Autoimmunity 2015: the need of harmonization”, Modena (Italy, 13-14/05/2015): “Expanding and debating Neuronal Diagnostics”.
- Invited speaker at the meeting “Droplet Digital PCR Scientific Conference 2019”, Milan (Italy, 05/06/2019): “ddPCR approach for molecular monitoring of Rituximab therapy in patients with Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders”.
- Official speaker for MS patients' care courses at CRESM: "La gestione quotidiana del paziente con Sclerosi Multipla" organized by Biogen Idec (21-23/05/ 2012, 12-14/11/ 2012, 3-5/06/2013, 11-13/11/2013; 12-14/05/2014; 17-19/11/2014; 16-18/06/2015; 09-11/11/2015; 02-04/05/2016; 12-14/06/2017; 11-13/06/2018; 03-05/06/2019).
Serum neurofilament light chain levels in healthy individuals: A proposal of cut-off values for use in MS clinical practice
Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders , September 2021
Valentino P, Marnetto F, Martire S, Malucchi S, Bava CI, Popovic M, Bertolotto A