Gruppo guidato da Antonio Bertolotto
Tel. + 39 11 6706600
Fax. + 39 11 6705451
Born March 29th, 1977 in Turin, Italy
2012-present Postdoctoral Research fellow at the Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi (NICO) and University Hospital San Luigi Gonzaga of Orbassano (Turin)
2001: MSC in Medical Biotechnology, University of Turin
2007: PhD in Molecular and Experimental Pathology, University of Turin
2009-2014: Board Certification in Clinical and Analytical Biochemistry, University of Turin
- 1997-2001: Research intern. University of Turin. Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment (IRCC), Candiolo (Turin). Research project: Study of the molecular mechanisms that control protein synthesis in cells upon HGF stimulation. Supervisors: Dr. Tiziana Crepaldi and Prof. Paolo Maria Comoglio.
- 2001-2002: pre-doctoral fellow at the Cavalieri Ottolenghi Scientific Institute (COSI), Turin. Research project: Study of the molecular function of BACE1 in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease. Supervisors: Dr. Jose Abad Rodriguez and Dr. Carlos Dotti.
- 2002-2006: four-year fellowship from the University of Turin for PhD training, to attend the Cavalieri Ottolenghi Scientific Institute (COSI), Orbassano (Turin). Research project: Spontaneous membrane cholesterol loss in hippocampal neurons ageing in vitro: role in survival. Supervisors: Dr. Carlos Dotti, Dr. Maria Dolores Ledesma.
- 2005-2006. Visiting PhD Student at the Department of Molecular and Developmental Genetics, Flanders Institute of Biotechnology (VIB 11) Leuven (Belgium)
- 2007: Post-doctoral fellow in the Neurobiology Laboratory, Bioindustry Park del Canavese S.p.A, Colleretto Giacosa (Italy), Research project: Research and validation of biological markers in central nervous system degenerative diseases. Supervisor: Dr. Enrico Bucci.
- 2008: Post-doctoral Fellow in the Molecular Biology Laboratory, at the Department of Anatomy, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine, University of Turin. Supervisor: Prof. Carola Ponzetto.
- 2009-2011: post-doctoral fellow at the Clinical Neurobiology Laboratory at the Regional Referral Multiple Sclerosis centre (CReSM), University Hospital San Luigi Gonzaga.
Field of research
Neuroimmunology, multiple sclerosis, gene expression, inflammation.
- 2008 (May-December): winner of an eight-month fellowship on a project funded by the European Community (RIGHT project - "RNA Interference Technology as Human Therapeutic Tool")
- 2002-2006: winner of a fellowship from the Compagnia di San Paolo to fund a four years Ph.D. position in Molecular and Experimental Pathology.
- 2001-2002: winner of a Pre-doctoral Fellowship from and at Cavalieri Ottolenghi Scientific Institute (COSI), Turin.
Grant as Principal Investigator
May 2010: 2010 AISM/FISM Grant: “Analysis of single-nucleotide polimorphisms in TNFAIP3 associated with multiple sclerosis” (project code 2010/R/29). Total amount granted: 40.000 euros (two years-project);
May 2012: Ricerca finalizzata 2010 Bando Giovani Ricercatori bandito dal Ministero della Salute Project Code: GR-2010-2315964 Project Title: The ubiquintin-editing enzyme A20 (TNFAIP3) as a peacekeeper in inflammation and immunity: a link between TNFAIP3 deregulation and Multiple Sclerosis. Total amount granted: 262.800 euros (three year project)
March 2015: 2014 AISM/FISM Grant: winner of three year project entitled “The deubiquitinase A20/TNFAIP3 in the immunopathology of Multiple Sclerosis” (project code 2014/R/14). Total amount granted: 100.000 euros (three year project)
Associazione Italiana Neuroimmunologia (AINI); Associazione Nazionale Biotecnologi Italiani (ANBI).
Member of the Steering Committee of the Italian Biotechnology Society (ANBI) since 2009
Participation in Scientific Meetings and Courses
27-29 May 2015: Annaul scientific meeting AISM/FISM “Insieme siamo più forti della sclerosi multipla'', Roma.
17-26 maggio 2015: human neuropathology course l’Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e Neuroscienze under the supervision of the top expert Dr. Roberta Magliozzi to in order to learn the techniques and acquire the skills necessary to analyze the post-death human brain tissues of patients with progressive forms of multiple sclerosis
1-4 Ottobre 2014: XXIV AINI Congress 2014, Sorrento (poster presentation)
28-29 Maggio 2014: Annaul scientific meeting AISM/FISM “Insieme siamo più forti della sclerosi multipla'', Roma (oral presentation)
22-27 Agosto 2013: 15 th ICI congress, Milano (poster presentation)
4-8 November 2012: 11th ISNI congress, Boston (MA), USA (poster presentation).
May 30-31th 2012: “Ricerca AISM: progetti centrati sulla persona”, Rome, Italy (Holder AISM Grant 2010/R/28, poster presentation).
19-22 October 2011: ECTRIMS/ACTRIMS 2011, Amsterdam, Holland (poster presentation)
26-28 September 2011: “La gestione quotidiana del paziente con sclerosi multipla”; Orbassano, Italy (teacher of the course)
22-25 September 2011: XXI AINI Congress, Pollenzo, Italy (oral presentation)
20-21 September 2011: “Real-time PCR course: basic techniques and practical applications” (teacher of the course).
08/05/2011: Biotechnology Law and Management: “Biotechnology and Post-search: professionals on the border between science, law, and finance”, Università degli Studi di Genova (teacher of the course).
5th January 2010: "Per vederci chiaro", Orbassano (Turin)
9-12 September 2009: "ECTRIMS meeting", Düsseldorf (Germany) (poster presentation)
6-7 November 2007: "European Bioalpine Convention: Inflammation and autoimmunity: bridging public and private research", Colleretto Giacosa (TO), Italy.
4-6 May 2006: "APOPIS Joint Workpackage Meeting: abnormal proteins in the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative disorders", Nice, France (oral presentation).
10-15 June 2005: FEBS Advanced Course, "Lipid-protein interaction in signalling and membrane traffic". Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Chieti, Italy (poster and oral presentation).
9-13 March 2005: "Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease: Insights, Progress and Perspectives 7th International Conference AD/PD", Sorrento, Italy (poster presentation).
8 March 2005: "APOPIS Satellite Symposium: abnormal proteins in the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative disorders". Naples, Italy (oral presentation)
6-9 February 2004: "Oeschseite Meeting", Oeschseite, Switzerland (oral presentation)
20-24 September 2003: "ELSO meeting", Dresden, Germany (poster presentation)